It's wonderful lie that acne is the problem for teens only (and not the only problem that they have). Unfortunately, acne can strike you anywhere, anytime. They are ready to ruin your day just by being there.
Blackheads, unfortunately, aren't just some mercenary group for the English Civil War. They are a problem that will assault your face like nobody's business. However, there are multiple ways to take care of them. Read on and find out!
Facial steaming loosens and softens the skin, making it a safe and natural way of removing blackheads. Just don’t steam yourself while the pan is on the heat source. Here's how you do it safely:
● Take a pan to boil water.
● Get a large fluffy towel.
● Optional: find a lemon rind.
● Put 3 to 4 cups of plain water into a deep pan and bring it to a boil.
● Once it starts boiling, remove the pan from the heat source.
● Add a few drops of lemon juice into the water.
● Drape a clean thick towel on your head.
● Make a towel tent as you hover your face over the steam. Stay as long as you can.
● Once you are done, slowly remove the towel and wash your face with normal water.
● Pat try and avoid harsh cleansers.
Soda is the second best blackhead remedy and easily available in any store. Here's how you make a paste to treat those nasties:
● Make a thick paste by mixing two to three teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of mineral water.
● Use gentle strokes to apply the paste to blackhead area and massage gently for 3-4 minutes.
● Allow the paste to dry for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
● Repeat this twice a week.
Cinnamon is not only useful at the kitchen, but can also help remove blackheads. Here's how you make some cinnamon cleaning paste:
● Form a thick paste by mixing one-two teaspoon of honey with cinnamon powder.
● Slather it on the blackhead area and leave it overnight.
● Use normal water to wash it off in the morning.
● Do this every day for 10 days.
Yogurt and oatmeal: not only a breakfast, but also a blackhead cleanser. Here's how you prepare the oatmeal remedy:
● Two teaspoons of honey are mixed with oatmeal and tomato juice.
● Apply it to your skin and wash it off after 10 minutes.
● Do it for 10 days straight to get clear skin.
Lemon juice is a natural bleach, great treatment for face acne and it can remove all those pesky blackheads on the nose. Your skin will appreciate vitamin C and nutrients present in lemon no matter your complexion. Here's how you use it:
● Mix salt, yogurt, lemon juice and honey.
● Use this natural exfoliating paste to scrub your face.
● Do this every day for 10 to 12 days.
Green tea is a rich source of antioxidants and is known to work best with problematic skin. Here's how you make a paste to remove pesky blackheads:
● Make a paste by mixing one teaspoon of green tea leaves with purified water.
● Scrub the area for five or six minutes.
● Oily skin will be cleaned and the pores will be unclogged.
● Use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
Honey features in many of the remedies, and it works on both dry and oily skin. Honey gets your pores hydrated and tightened. Here's how you do it:
● Apply a teaspoon of pure honey on your face.
● You may also mix in some turmeric in the honey for enhanced complexion.
● Leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Did we mention turmeric? Yes we did, back in #7. Turmeric works for minor burns and blackheads. Regular use allows pores to breathe and prevent clogging. Here's what you need to do:
● Mix turmeric powder and two tablespoons of either neem or mint juice.
● Layer it on wherever blackheads are.
● Leave the paste to dry for about 10 minutes.
● Use lukewarm water to wash it off.
Remove blackheads with Epsom salt. It can make for a mean scrub for your skin too. Now do this:
● Mix one or two teaspoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of iodine with hot water.
● Wait for the salt to dissolve completely.
● Let the mix cool down at room temperature.
● Use a cotton ball to apply the mix on the blackhead area.
● Allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes.
● Wash it off with lukewarm water.
● Pat dry.
Cornmeal: good for health, and for your skin. It's an abrasive that can easily clean out the dirt, letting your pores breathe in a healthy way.
● One tablespoon of cornmeal is to be mixed with your regular facial cleanser.
● Open up your spores by steaming the affected area.
● Apply the mixture and massage it in with circular motions.
● Leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
● Rinse off with cold water.
Fenugreek is a home remedy that will get rid of blackheads naturally. It also helps to get glowing skin. Here's what you need to do:
● Make a thick paste by mixing fresh fenugreek and water.
● Apply the paste on the affected area.
● Allow it to dry.
● Use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
Orange: a rich source of vitamin C, which is great for your general health and makes your complexion fairer. Here's how you use the peel of the orange to the best effect:
● Get some orange skin by peeling an orange.
● Let the peel dry for a few hours.
● Use one piece of the orange skin everyday to scrub off the blackheads.